Saturday, August 13, 2011

Crayola Crayons to the rescue

After I sketched what I wanted my new office to look like I went and purchased a few items and began to create "fun" looking items to make my office more inviting and colorful.
Thank God for school specials!  Kmart had a box of 24 crayons for 24 cents and of course I need many crayons for my projects so for less than $5 I was able to get all the crayons I needed for the projects that you will see below.

A. Mirrors - 2 Purchased from IKEA; 4 crayon boxes; hot glue gun.
        Completed project:

B. Clock - Purchased from Wal-Mart; 1 crayon box; hot glue gun.

C. Tissue Box - Purchased from Target; 4 crayon boxes; hot glue gun.
        Completed project:

D. Canvas - Purchased from Hobby Lobby; 3 crayon boxes; hot glue gun; heat gun; black fabric paint; painters tape.
          Completed project:

E. My Husband's Idea - Purchased from Lowes some wooden-thin border and spray paint; sandpaper; foam board; 3 crayon boxes; hot glue gun; X-acto knife; computer paper.

Measured the wall and got an idea on how much space the letters were going to take before the wood - for the frames - was cut.

         
        Completed project:


F. My Husband's Idea - Purchased the "R" from Jo-Ann; the crayon paper wrappers left from the previous activity listed above; paint brush; mod-podge.



G. My Husband's Idea - Basket purchased from a yard sale; 2.5 boxes of crayon; hot glue gun



H.  This item was purchased in a county fair back in 1994.  I have changed the crayons because the ones that came with the frame were faded and no Crayola Crayon...which are my favorite crayons.  I have also personalize it.


I am so glad that everything worked out and it looks great.  I have received many compliments.  Most importantly....no more crayons on my craft table at home. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment